Saturday, November 6, 2010

Kicks for Kicks...

We spent Saturday and today kick blocking. Monday we're going to mix it up a little, no real head hunting and if you want to take someone to ground, resist. The purpose of this exercise will be to get comfortable using your hands and feet in offense and defense situations.

This is an exercise in using your hands and feet in a "weapons free" fashion. So this week, we'll get to try out our zone defenses and our kick blocking. I'm not the world's greatest kick boxer, in fact, I kind of stink, but I use the assets I have to make sure I don't get dead, I found a style I can live with. You all have to find what works for you. This week should be a start towards that aim. I know we are not a kick boxing class per se, I just want everyone to tie offense and defense together and play a little.

Mouthguards are mandatory!!

No comments:

Post a Comment