Tuesday, October 19, 2010

This week and essential Krav Maga nutrients

Okay, this weekend I am going to a seminar, so I know the head of the IKI federation is going to want me to have fed all the students the proper diet of techniques. So in addition to aggression drills we are going to cover ground and grabs ( I hear the groaning, c'mon, we have to do this ).

Personally I'd rather have fun striking and kicking, but we need to do this stuff, if I get off track, somebody please remind me. The way I see it is that if you're on your back, with your opponent in top position, it's not good. Whatever the person has at hand, a knife or fist, we are going to learn how to burst out of it. Maybe get the person into a choke on the reversal.

Guys (impersonal pronoun...did I say that, wow?), we'll do plenty of fun stuff this week, lots of agression drills, stuff like that but we also have to "eat our vegetables". Maybe some kick blocking into takedowns as well. Sometimes it's just fun to really push it physically, but we have to do what we must.

No comments:

Post a Comment