Friday, October 29, 2010

Why I hate going to ground in a street fight.

To me, going to ground was all about fun and games, until I remembered the last time I went to ground in a fight there was beer, road salt, water (I hope) and everything else on the floor of the bar. My mind drifted off to thoughts of hot pavement and broken glass, I have to get a new mind.

Some folks love to go to ground by choice, but this isn't the UFC we're talking about, this is a street, an alley way or the local tavern, when you fall it won't be on a mat, your head, knees, elbows and hands will not like going to ground on any of the above mentioned venues. The thought of rolling around in a parking lot is less than appealing.

We train to take advantage of an opportunity, if you see one on the ground go for it, but please think about disabling the attacker quickly in stand up. If you're tackled fight to end the guy, just be aware of your envionment, there might even be a useful tool in the alley, a bottle or other various street crud that could come in handy

No comments:

Post a Comment